Asian cooking is all full of flavors, and this smart and easy chicken recipe from South East Asia will keep you craving for more. Not to forget, it packs some of the best veggies together for all the nutrients the body needs.
Boneless chicken breast cut into small pieces, Bell pepper (green, yellow and red) – cut into 1-inch cubes, vegetable oil- one tablespoon, half cup of broccoli sliced into small pieces, half cup of chopped green onions, salt to taste, four to five garlic cloves crushed, one tablespoon of soy sauce, pepper, and one teaspoon of corn starch.
Simple steps for a hearty meal!
• Take the small cut pieces of chicken and boil it for 10 minutes.
• Heat oil in a deep pan and add the boiled pieces of chicken. Keep the flame high and stir continuously till the chicken turns light brown in color.
• Add the bell peppers, chopped green onions, sliced broccoli, and crushed garlic. Keep stirring and add salt to taste, soy sauce and pepper.
• Keep checking the tenderness of the veggies, and once all vegetables are nicely coated with a light brown color, slow the flame. Mix the corn starch is half cup of water to add to the mix.
• Slow cook the veggies till the gravy dies up.
• Serve hot with rice.
Apart from veggies mentioned above, you can also add other vegetables like carrots, baby corn, and even mushroom to add to flavors and nutrition to the recipe.