If you are in love with authentic flavor and want to add a twist in your cooking style, then there’s nothing better than opting for chicken. This easy baked chicken recipe in Mediterranean style will give you all the flavors in one go, and what more? It is very simple!
• 1 tbsps. Olive oil
• 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces (rustic style)
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup of vegetables (your choice)
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 cup red wine
• 3 tomatoes chopped
• Fresh herbs – oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley
• 1 cup olives
• Lemon zest
• Toasted pine nuts
• Sear the chicken in a pan, over medium heat until it is caramelized. Don’t cook it, once seared, let it rest.
• In a separate pan, fry onion and minced garlic in some olive oil. Once they turn brown, add vegetables and stir fry them. Add bell peppers in the end.
• Add wine to the mix and put the caramelized chicken to it. Add chopped tomatoes, olives, herbs and bring to a boil.
• Cook on a low flame until the chicken is cooked.